The campsite is situated in beautiful and quiet surroundings between high mountains by the shore of Lake Eidfjord. The site covers an area of 30.000m2. 2/3 is camping area, the rest is covered by forest. The terrain is flat with open grass-fields split up by small groups of trees. Next to the site runs the salmon- and trout-river Bjoreio.
Øvre Eidfjord is the last settlement before the road rises up to Hardangervidda, the largest mountain plateau in Europe, and a good starting point for hiking in the mountains. The famous Hardangervidda Natursenter is located 500 m from Sæbø Camping.
Summer: Rowing boats and canoes for rent, playground, trails, angling in the lake and in the river.
Winter: 10 km from slalom slopes, floodlight trails.
The service-building contains:
* Reception and kiosk. Fresh bread every morning
* Separate cabinets w/sinks, hot and cold running water and el. outlet.
* Showers cabinets w/hot and cold water(coin-automates). Heated floor.
* Facilities for disabled persons, shower and toilet.
* Family room and changing room for babies. Heated floor.
* Laundry-room with washing machine, cloth dryer(automates)
* Dish-washing room.
* Camping-kitchen w/stove, oven, workbench and sinks for dish-washing.
* Room for disposal of chemical toilets and outlet-water from caravans.
* Freshwater for caravans